Geoff Anderson Brand Talk Test
Test Urus pants & Xera jacket Geoff Anderson
The Urus pants from Geoff Anderson became, from day one, my first choice when fishing from the bank. The dungaree shaped pants is for me the pants i wear from late September until April (Dutch climate). With temperatures around 8 degrees Celsius and under, I use the Urus in combination with thermo underwear.
Besides a good all-round fishing/outdoor pants – the devil is in the detail – I really like the security lock for your keys in both pockets!
I thoroughly tested the Urus 4 (still for sale) but the people at Geoff Anderson keep innovating. There is a Urus 5 and even a 6 available. Salt water proof and first and only fishing pants that are 100% fluor free (Without harmful microscopic particles PFCs).
Urus 4 pants specs:
- Exclusive Leaf™ print
- Reinforced knee and behind
- 100% waterproof
- Expandable box pockets
- Elastic braces
- Light micro fleece lining
- Elasticated waist
- Hand pockets with YKK® zippers.
Xera 4 jacket:
- 100 % water and windproof
- 3 layer fabric made in Sweden
- Optimal breathability
- Dynamic climate control – The more your body sweats, the more moisture the membrane can transport outwards
- AquaGuard® YKK® zippers
- High tensile strength making it more “puncture proof”
- Practical pocket design Chest pockets and A4 back pocket
- Highly tear resistant
- Sophisticated membrane technology
- Fabric made in Sweden
- Manufactured in EU
I use the Xera 4 jacket for almost 6 months now. Took it with me to Norway, Sweden and Denmark. In all kinds of weather. Making a long story short: The Xera4 is doing what it is supposed to do: keeping you dry. Together with its low weight and actually good looks, the Xera 4 is a great companion. One thing I really got to appreciate was the back-side pocket. It is huge and exactly on the right spot. Very nice if you hold your rod in one hand and need to grab something from your jacket with the other. Nice!